Protein bar recipe
Protein bars are a convenient and healthy snack option for on the go or after a workout. They are high in protein, which helps in muscle growth and repair. Homemade protein bars are a great alternative to store-bought ones as they can be free of artificial additives and preservatives.
- 200g rolled oats
- 100g protein powder (e.g. vanilla or chocolate flavor)
- 100g mixed nuts (e.g. almonds, walnuts, cashew nuts)
- 100g dried fruits (e.g. dates, raisins, cranberries)
- 100g honey or maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons almond butter or peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a rectangular baking tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oatmeal, protein powder, mixed nuts, and dried fruit.
- In a saucepan, melt honey or maple syrup and almond butter or peanut butter over low heat and mix well.
- Add the melted mixture to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Press down firmly with your hands or a spoon.
- Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes until the bars are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting into bar shapes.
- The protein bars can be stored in an airtight container or in the fridge.
Enjoy these tasty and nutritious protein bars as a snack or as part of your post-workout routine. Adjust the ingredients to your taste and experiment with different protein powder and nut combinations. Have fun trying!