Protein bar recipe
Protein Bars are a delicious and healthy way to meet your protein needs. They're perfect as a pre- or post-workout snack, or simply as a high-energy treat between meals. In this article, we present you with a simple and delicious protein bar recipe that you can easily prepare at home.
- 200g rolled oats
- 100g protein powder (flavor of your choice)
- 100g almond butter
- 60ml maple syrup or honey
- 90ml almond milk
- 50g chopped nuts (e.g. almonds, walnuts or cashew nuts)
- 50g dried fruits (e.g. cranberries, raisins or dates)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, combine the oatmeal, protein powder, chopped nuts, dried fruit, and salt and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the almond butter, maple syrup (or honey), almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until a sticky mass forms.
- Pour the mixture into a mold lined with parchment paper and spread evenly.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours for the bars to set.
- Once cool, cut into bar shapes and enjoy!
Protein bars are a healthy alternative to many commercial snack foods and contain good amounts of protein, fiber and healthy fats. You can adjust the ingredients as you like and, for example, use different types of nuts or fruits to meet your personal taste. Try this recipe and make your own homemade protein bars!